Property continues to be one of the most sought after vehicles for investment in the United Kingdom. Even though, the property market has slowed down during the last few years, Maidenhead has remained as one of the property hot spots of the country.
Contrary to the belief that the Maidenhead area generally follows the nationwide housing trend, it actually aligns more closely with the London property market. As such, Maidenhead enjoyed significant increases in property prices comfortably beating the national averages in the 90s and early 21st Century even though it could not escape the recent housing troubles.
When the market came to a stand still, the sales of residential property in the Maidenhead area almost hit rock bottom while buyers and sellers assessed their situation.
With the signs of a housing sector recovery, the Maidenhead area has, indeed, been taking the lead in the Thames Valley area; with the average time of a property remaining on the market estimated to be under 6 weeks.
While the Maidenhead residential real estate prices climb back up to their 2006 heights, I firmly think Maidenhead is going to enjoy the continued property boom again.
Here are some of the reasons why the property investors are so interested in the Maidenhead area:
- First and foremost, the Cross Rail project has to be mentioned. This is the new underground line connecting the Maidenhead area to East London. This will not only bring a lot of London commuters to the area but a lot of businesses are also expected to move their offices to Maidenhead as well.
- There is also a wide variety of good quality properties for sale in the Maidenhead area.
- It has some very famous and exclusive Berkshire neighbours such as Windsor, Ascot and Sunningdale; attracting the rich people to the area.
- It is important to stress that Maidenhead has very good motorway connections to London, Birmingham and Oxford.
- Maidenhead has easy access to the major airports (under 1 hour of travel): Heathrow, Gatwick, Luton, Stansted and Birmingham.
- Maidenhead also has a superb selection of sporting venues nearby, from the world-famous Wentworth and Sunningdale Golf Courses to the Dorney Lake, where the Olympic rowing competitions were held.
- Maidenhead is very close to a number of natural attractions as well as a number of very beautiful English villages, such as Marlow, Henley, Cookham, Hambleden and Bray.
- A number of famous celebrities live in and around Maidenhead, such as Ulrika (kakakaka) Johnson and Rolf Harris; who increase the attraction of Maidenhead.
As a summary, the residential property market in Maidenhead is already on the up again.